A Production Manager who will have to lead the start up of a new plant and then organize the run of 4 production lines located in the existing site and in the new one. We need someone with a strong leadership and a multinational background in order to be able to operate in an international context.
Our client is a technical textile manufacturer born as a family business in 1932 and located in Bassano area, now part of a Belgian multinational group. Today the company combining its extensive experience and know-how, with the reliability of a consolidated multinational group is expanding the activities by opening a new factory in Italy.
There currently is one production site, with a new plant being built which will have a production capacity twice as much as the current one (with production 24/7).
The attention to market needs, the careful selection of raw materials, the adoption of up to date manufacturing systems, and the continuous research and development for new solutions and innovative products, make our client a leading company in the market.
The Production manager will report to the Managing Director and will be dealing with a variety of tasks to monitor and optimize production processes. He will lead the start up of the new plant closely with the company management and the technical staff. Once the plant is active he will be responsible to organize the run of 4 production lines, located in two different sites, 15 km apart from each other through these main activities:
- ensuring that orders are produced on time, with the desired quality levels and within the budgeted costs
- planning and monitoring the M&R of the machineries
- managing a team of about 50 workers
- monitoring performance against objectives and productivity targets
- collaborating in maintaining the Health, Safety and Environment standards.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Engineering or equivalent technical education background, speaks fluent english to be able to operate in an international environment (management, customers, suppliers).
We are keen to meet people who fit the following requirements as well:
- Managing skills and experience in planning a team’s work on shifts -possibly 24/7 -
- Knowledge about production of technical textile, organization of M&R and some experience with “Lean manufacturing”
- Experience in efficiency management and excellent time management skills
- Ability to deal with the shipping office
- Background in multinational context
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and being able to work independently and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Charisma, empathy, strength and emotional intelligence to lead a team in a change process
We also consider these skills as a plus for the role:
- Negotiation skills in dealing with suppliers and knowledge about synthetic fibers
- IT skills (spreadsheets, engineering databases, presentation tools etc.)