PLANT MANAGER BOSNIA
We are looking for a Plant Manager to run the start up of a new plant in Bosnia. The ideal candidate is a professional who has developed a similar experience, preferably with a background in the carpentry sector.
Our client is one of the leading European players in the sector of thermo-products and systems for integrating multiple energy sources powered by green energy. The distribution of thermo products is structured into different channels: from large-scale distribution to direct sales to installers. On the production side the company can count on a wide and reliable network of subcontractors but the aim is to develop direct production know-how by creating a new plant in a competitive country (in terms of workforce costs) which is Bosnia.
The Plant Manager we are looking for will be subordinate to the Company Board and will be responsible for the start-up of the new plant in Bosnia. He will contribute to all the start-up development phases, specifically:
- participating in the sizing and organization of the plant lay out
- contacting and choosing local suppliers in order to develop a reliable supply network
- managing all supply phases
- creating the production plant from the assembly department to the carpentry and painting departments
- recruiting, choosing and managing the staff that will work in every specific department
- set the criteria for quality control and for environmental and safety issues
- structuring a basic administration system linked to Italy
- being a contact point for bureaucratic and institutional relations
This is a strategic and cross functional role because it will contribute to the growth of the company's technical and productive know-how by improving all logistics and production processes in order to positively impact on product costs and therefore on profitability. This is why we are keen to meet candidates who have already managed the start-up of new plants especially if abroad. We are looking for someone with a Technical background -Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience - preferably coming from the carpentry sector (sheet metal processing and welding) and from labor-intensive processes. Technical know-how is important but it must run alongside with a strong organizational capacity and cross functional skills such as the ability to interact with different levels of professionals, the focus on the results and the ability to approach a different work culture. Emotional solidity is what we certainly look for in the candidates we will meet, considering this large and complex project outside one’s own territory.