QUALITY E R&D LAB MANAGER
A R&D & Lab Quality Manager to ensure the accuracy of the data results from the lab and compliance with rules and regualtions. The person we are looking for will be responsible for the staff and activities of the laboratories in both company sites.
Our client is a technical textile manufacturer born as a family business in 1932 and located in the Bassano area. Today the company is part of a Belgian multinational group and combines its extensive experience and know-how, with the reliability of a consolidated multinational group. The company is expanding the activities and recently set up a new plant site, able to triple the original production capacity working 24/7. The attention to market needs, the careful selection of raw materials, the adoption of up to date manufacturing systems, and the continuous research and development for new solutions and innovative products, make our client a leading company in the market.
The R&D & Lab Quality Manager ensures the accuracy of the data results from the lab, running the laboratory according to safety and quality assurance procedures, ensuring the appropriate training to the LAB staff, and always complying with the necessary rules and regulations. S/he reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the staff and activities of the laboratories in both company sites.
The primary responsibilities of the person in charge are ensuring the highest quality standards, monitoring the quality data system and the products performances. In particular, the person in charge ensures products compliance with law, regulations, and certification standards, and cooperates in the continuous improvement of products and processes.
Some of the activities of the R&D & Lab Quality Manager are:
- managing the laboratory personnel, ensuring them the appropriate training
- supervising and maintaining internal laboratory procedures, planning sampling activities, and ensuring the correct calibration of lab tools
- recording, analyzing and regularly reporting quality tests results, products technical data, and material safety data
- answering to enquiries in case of quality discrepancies, to analyze the correctness of the processes, and help detecting solutions and possible corrective procedures
- taking part in feasibility studies of new products
- supervising technical auditing and products certification activities (CE, NGS, ASQUAL, GRK, etc.), reporting findings to the management
- keeping up with the industry trends, and taking part in national and European regulatory review committees (UNI and CEN) and professional organizations
- maintain an open communication with the group R&D department
The ideal candidate has a scientific or technical background (at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience ). Qualified candidates have a 4-5 years experience in quality control, and/or in R&D, dealing with materials and products regulated by high quality standards (i.e. subcontracting of the railway sector, automotive industry, aeronautics, etc.), and serving in a supervisory role.
Basic statistics and chemistry knowledge, fluent spoken and written English, and knowledge of the main certification systems are a must for this role.
Team working attitude and strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are also a must.
Candidates able to keep a positive proactive approach, and the focus on continuous improvement, handling a broad scope of activities and quality issues with a systematic and analytical methodology, have a competitive edge over those who don’t.